Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Gumballs at the de Young

As much as I love food, art is my first true love. If you haven't yet been to the new de Young Museum, get thee to the park and seek it out! Amongst my favorite artists of all time is Wayne Thiebaud, whose thickly spread paint is so reminiscent of a beautifully iced cupcake that you're tempted to get your tongue right up on the canvas and start licking! (This is not advised). After wandering through the galleries, my friend Carrie took me to Zazie in Cole Valley for brunch. Wow. If you're ever in the area on a nice Sunday afternoon, they serve up breakfast in a delightful (heated) garden. I was craving plain ol' eggs and toast, but the menu taunted me with gingerbread pancakes with lemon curd and poached eggs with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. Not to be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home